You are here: Home >Archive for Декабрь, 2009

Из-за засухи подорожал чай

Из-за засухи подорожал чай

Засуха в Индии, Китае, Кении и на Шри-Ланке, которые являются самыми крупными мировыми экспортерами чая, в этом году в вегетационный период была очень сильной. Это привело к снижению объемов экспорта и повышению цен. Самые большие убытки получила Индия, здесь муссон впервые за последние 7 лет был наименее активным. В некоторых регионах выпадало всего 60% нормы […]

ALERT! More Old Forests, Less Industrial Agriculture, Key to Climate, Food and Water

ALERT! More Old Forests, Less Industrial Agriculture, Key to Climate, Food and Water

By Ecological Internet’s Climate Ark Climate Change Portal TAKE ACTION HERE NOW! Securing world food security while maintaining operable forests, global climate, water, ocean and terrestrial ecosystems – and human rights, justice and equity – is the biggest challenge facing humanity. Water and food are the next bubbles to burst — expect severe shortages of […]

Ecological Internet Needs You

Ecological Internet Needs You

Now more than ever — given Copenhagen’s failure and looming ecosystem collapse — pursuit of global ecological sustainability depends upon ecological science based, global citizen advocacy. With your support, together we will continue to give it all we have for Earth. Thus far $11,930 raised from 82 donors (16%). This leaves $63,070 or 84% to […]

Are human behaviors affecting bird communities in residential areas?

Are human behaviors affecting bird communities in residential areas?

These ‘area sensitive’ species tend to fare better in large, contiguous habitat blocks. In a recent study, they were found to demonstrate a similar negative response to exurban development in the Adirondacks and the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, despite the different geographies of the two study regions. Credit: Larry Master A new study from the Wildlife […]

Бананы и пища и лекарство

Бананы и пища и лекарство

«Бананы — единственный фрукт, никогда и ни при каких обстоятельствах не дающий у младенцев аллергической реакции». Бенджамин Спок